Mountain Pet Rescue
Local Mountain Area Profile
Our mission is simple but extremely important: Connecting People with Pets in Need.
Through grassroots efforts, we envision a future in which all companion animals find loving homes where they are able to receive the care and respect they deserve.
1. CHOOSE Choose your pet(s) after browsing bios and photos of adoptable animals on our website.
2. APPLY Complete the adoption application for the pet(s) that meowed or barked at you. If you do not have a specific animal in mind, please do not select any animal, but rather make a note about what you might be looking for.
3. SPEAK Speak to an adoption counselor about why you’re a pawfect match. Don’t worry, they will call you within 3-5 days of your application submission.
4. MEET AND GREET Your Meet and Greet can be scheduled once you have been approved by the adoption counselor.
5. ADOPTBring home your newest addition when you’ve fallen head over paws for your new furry friend(s)!
Meet and Greet Info
Please note that most of our animals are in loving foster homes and not at a physical shelter, so all meet and greets will need to be coordinated by a member of our staff unless at a local adoption event. So whether you meet your new best friend in person or online, know that they are:
Up to date on all vaccinations
Tested for heartworm/feline leukemia/FIV
Started on flea/heartworm preventative
Mountain Pet Rescue Headquarters
7 Old Pisgah Highway, Suite 200 Candler, NC 28715
Open by appointment only
The Thrift Hound
234 New Leicester Highway Asheville, NC 28806
Monday – Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm